- Both semesters
- German citizens and international students with a German Abitur apply directly to the university site. Other students have to apply via uni-assist.
- Study mode:
- On campus
The applicant must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in physics or in a mathematics-natural sciences dual major bachelor’s degree program with a specialization in physics, or in another appropriate degree subject.
- Not have definitively failed their Master’s examination or a comparable examination in a comparable subject area without the option of retaking the examination, and not have lost their entitlement to take the examination.
- Not already have passed a Master’s examination or a comparable examination in a comparable subject-area.
Must also provide proof that the applicant has successfully obtained at least 80 credit points (incl. bachelor’s thesis) in the essentials of experimental and theoretical physics in the areas of mechanics, electrodynamics and optics, thermodynamics and statistical physics, quantum mechanics, and atomic, molecular and solid-state physics. Applicants who are unable to show that they have completed the mentioned requirements because they are lacking a maximum of 20 credit points can be admitted to the master’s program in with the following proviso: the applicants must, as a rule, prove within one year that they have passed the foundation courses in the areas listed before in Osnabrück University’s bachelor’s program in “Physics”. The selection committee determines the study program for these applicants.
Applicants can also be provisionally admitted to the program if their bachelor’s degree has not yet been completed at the time of application, if they have acquired at least 150 ECTS credit points and if, on the basis of the progress they have made in their studies so far and especially with respect to their examination results, it is expected that they will obtain their degree by the end of their first semester in the master’s program at the latest.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
For more information please check theCourse Website