- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics or a comparable degree program. The selection committee of the master's program in physics decides on comparability. If you have not received your degree certificate yet, you can submit this by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit uncertified copies of all documents. For documents not issued in English or German, a certified English or German translation is required.
- Printout of your online application.
- Degree certificate or provisional transcript of records. If you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current transcript of records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
- In the case of foreign education qualification, the submission of preliminary review documentation (VPD) from uni-assist is recommended.
- If it does not appear on your certificate, add a list of all completed modules or examinations, often called transcript of records or 'Excerpt from the examination file'.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in the bachelor of science in physics at the University of Hamburg do not need a transcript of records. The grades and credit points at the time of application are taken from the STiNE online system.
- Higher education entrance eligibility (e.g., Abitur, high school diploma, master craftsperson qualification, etc.).
- Curriculum vitae including the certificates you have acquired (curriculum vitae should include: personal data, education, vocational training, studies, professional background, vocational training, internships, experience abroad or travel, language skills, computer literacy, activities, other: description of qualifications and activities that are not included in any of the above mentioned, eg participation in (scientific) competitions, awards, competences).
- Proof of additional qualifications given in the curriculum vitae (eg professional career, vocational training, internships, international experience or travel, experience in teamwork, further language skills, computer skills, other activities).
- Letter of motivation in English, in which you justify your wish to study and the choice of university, as well as your study objectives.
- Proof of English language proficiency is required (see language requirements).
Studienbüro - Auswahlkommission Physics (M.Sc.)
For more information please check theCourse Website