- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- International applicants with a foreign master entrance qualification must apply via Uni-Assist.
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a program closely related to physical sciences.
In particular, a student is qualified by a bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics or physics related fields. For the physics related fields it is required that the theoretical and experimental physics and mathematics education is comparable to the bachelor's degree course in Physics at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg.
The Examination Board of Physics at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg will decide whether an applicant’s degree is sufficient. If the board is unsure about the equivalence, they may decide that a student must complete additional preliminary modulеs.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via Uni-Assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- Fully completed and signed online application form (either BTU's Online Application Portal or uni-assist).
- A simple copy of a document proving the completion of a bachelor's or higher level degree including a transcript of records/list of subjects taken (if the original is not in English or German, then you need a notarized translation to English or German from a sworn translator | if you do not yet have a final diploma, you may also submit preliminary documents).
- For applicants in their last bachelor's semester: you will need at least a document (including the already recorded grades) of your university, that you will finalize your studies before the start of the master's program.
- A simple copy of the higher education entrance qualification (a notarized translation to English or German from a sworn translator is required if the original is not in English or German).
- A concise up-to-date curriculum vitae with details about your educational history, practical experience (if applicable), research interests, etc.
- A thesis or equivalent publication, project report, etc. will be an advantage for your application (if the thesis/publication/report is not in English or German, you have to submit the paper(s) in the original language and add a meaningful summary in English or German).
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements, "medium of instruction certificates" and any kind of expired tests are not accepted, only valid certificates are recognized).
- A simple copy of passport/official personal identification.
- A simple copy of a valid residence permit for Germany, if available.
- APS (Akademische Prüfstelle/Academic Verification Office) certificate for Chinese, Vietnamese, and Mongolian applicants.
German language skills are not required for the applicatiοn.
For more information please check theCourse Website