- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree preferably in life sciences such as biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, agricultural biology, and biotechnology. Applicants with a degree in chemistry, physics, forestry, pharmaceutical, or geosciences will also be considered.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Grade Point Average (GPA) for the B.Sc. study in the range of 70% of the maximal score or above (Equivalent to a German grade of 2,7 or better).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
When submitting your application, you need to include the following documents as Portable Document Format (PDF*) files:
- Bachelor's degree certificate. If the certificate is scheduled to be obtained after the application deadline, include a recent study transcript and indicate the date of expected graduation in the comments section. If your degree certificate does not contain a grade you must provide your most recent transcript or mark sheet. Certificates not written in English or German need to be translated.
- Upper secondary school certificate – such as Abitur, High School, Baccalauréat and GCE-O/A levels or equivalent. Certificates not written in English or German need to be translated.
- TOEFL or IELTS certificate if not exempt from the English proficiency test (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae.
*Cumulative file size of all documents must be below 5 MB.
When submitting your application you must also include:
- Names and contact details of two potential referees. They may get contacted by us.
- A short letter of interest (less than 300 words) describing your motivation to participate in the master's program "Plant sciences" program at Bonn University. Unlike the documents listed above, this statement must not be provided as a PDF file but has to be typed in an active window of the online application portal (or copy-pasted from a text editor). The text should be in English with no use of special characters.
Please have everything ready before registering. The registration procedure will fail if you stop in the middle of the process and you will need a new e-mail address to do it again.
All applications are reviewed and evaluated by the search committee.
Decisions will be made at the beginning of July.
For more information please check theCourse Website