- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Power Engineering (electrical or thermal) or related engineering fields (or equivalent).
Very good knowledge in basic areas of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Basics in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, as well as to subject-specific knowledge in the areas of Electrical or Thermal Power Engineering.
Good to very good knowledge in:
- Electric Power Systems, Electrical Machines, Drive Systems, Power Electronics, High Voltage Engineering, Grid Calculation – in case a student wants to specialize in Electrical Power Engineering; or
- Thermodynamics, Thermal Power Engineering, Power Plant Technology, Heat Transfer, Renewable Energies – in case a student wants to specialize in Power Generation from Fossil and Renewable Fuels.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- A concise curriculum vitae with details about your educational history, practical experiences (if applicable), research interests, etc.
- A simple copy of higher education entrance qualification (e.g. Secondary School Leaving Certificate, High School Diploma, A-levels, Abitur, one or two years of studying, etc.; you need a translation to German or English from a sworn translator if the original is not in German or English).
- A simple copy of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Power Engineering (electrical or thermal) or related engineering fields (if you do not yet have a final diploma, you may also submit preliminary documents).
- A simple copy of Bachelor transcripts of records (list of subjects taken – if you do not yet have a final certificate, you may also submit a preliminary one).
- Simple copies of passports/official personal identifications/german residence permit etc.
- Professional experience or knowledge in power engineering if the Bachelor degree or equivalent is in another field of study.
- A letter of motivation (your reasons for applying for PE and career perspectives).
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A certificate of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- APS for Chinese and Vietnamese students.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for Indian students is optional. Applicants who have submitted the results of this test have higher chances of admission than other Indian applicants.
German language knowledge is not required.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website