Technische Universität Berlin

Process Energy and Environmental Systems Engineering

M.Sc. (Master of Science)
Subjects: Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering, Energy Engineering, Processes and Technology, Environmental Studies, Energy Development
English & German
Winter semester: 15 May
Application Deadlines
2 Years (starting: Winter semester)
Tuition Fees (per semester)
Winter semester
Mode of admission:
local admission restriction
Study mode:
On campus


Qualification Requirements

Previous Degree

Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in chemical engineering, energy engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, material science/engineering or a subject-related course.

Language Requirements

The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.

CEFR English
min B2
CEFR German
min A1
Does the university recognize "other equivalent language certificates"? yes

Additional information:
If you do not speak German, the following procedure is applied: students are supposed to reach level A1 by September of the year they intend to begin the studies; level A2 you can achieve during intensive German language course starts at the beginning of September before the first semester (this course is offered by Modern Language Center (ZEMS) at TU Berlin and the registration can be done from May to July on the web-site); level TestDaF must be reached within the special technical German language classes offered for PEESE students.

Application & Admission

Application Deadlines

In 10 days free webinar
How to apply via uni-assist

Application Procedure & Selection

Mode of Admission:
local admission restriction
Admission Test/Interview:
Application Fee:
free of charge

Application Documents

The following application documents are required for the admission to the PEESE program:

  1. Uni-ASSIST Applicant Portal.
  2. Curriculum vitae (important): the CV must be up to date, i.e. it has to include your actual activities until the date of application.
  3. Motivation letter.
  4. Degree certificates and transcripts (Important): if you are from a non-EU country your certificates have to be translated and legalized from a German institution in your home country, e.g. the German embassy. Originals and certified copies from your university can only be accepted when they are in German or English.
  5. English language proficiency certification (see language requirements).

Please make sure that all required documents are included and that the photocopies are certificated correctly. Incomplete applications have to be rejected.

Further Information

For more information please check the

Course Website