- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
Digital plant design, the process plant-life cycle, process optimization and simulation, plant engineering, process and plant safety. Do you want to work with thermodynamics, biofuels, multiphysics simulation, learn how corrosion of materials function, and master how to design and operate plants using environmental technologies? If these topics interest you, then the M.Sc. in Process Engineering is the right choice for you. During this master’s program, you’ll learn scientific and theoretical knowledge and gain practical laboratory experience using state-of-the-art equipment that will allow you to design, plan, construct, and operate process plants. The career prospects for students of this program are endless. Job prospects include working in research and development, plant maintenance and operation, planning and design of plants, and project management. Alternatively, students can have the opportunity to further develop their academic careers with a Ph.D.
Bachelor’s degree in process engineering or a field of engineering related to the master's program.
Required ECTS credits: 210.
Applicants with a six-semesters bachelor’s degree must make up for missing Credit Points.
Applicants who have obtained a university degree outside the EU must prove that they have a GRE.
Also, admission can be applied for if the first vocational degree has not yet been obtained because individual examination results are missing and - on the basis of attainments (in particular examination results) achieved thus far in the course of study – it is to be expected that the degree will be obtained by the end of the first semester of the master's program. A certificate must be provided from the university at which the degree is to be completed about the Credit Points already obtained and the current average grade. Where admission to the program takes place in the summer semester, admission will be subject to the condition that proof of the degree is provided by 31st August; where admission to the program takes place in the winter semester, admission will be subject to the condition that proof of the degree is provided by 28th February in the year after the program has been commenced.
- University places in respect of all master's program are awarded as follows:
- Result of bachelor's degree or diploma (overall grade or, in the event that a degree has not yet been completed, the current average grade) (0 to 9 points),
- particular specialist knowledge relevant to the course of study (0 to 9 points),
- particular achievements from professional practice (0 to 5 points).
- A ranking list will be produced according to the selection criteria mentioned above. In the event of rankings that are the same, lots will be drawn.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via Uni-Assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- A Bachelor's (or equivalent) degree in process engineering or in a field of engineering related to the course.
- Proof of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- Applicants who do not have a Bachelor's degree qualification from an EU country will need to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of particular professional work experience or scientific achievements (papers, awards, etc).
If you completed your school education outside of Germany, you must send officially certified copies of your certificates to be reviewed by uni-assist BEFORE you can apply online to the HAW Hamburg. You will get a certificate - Vorprüfungsdokumentation (VPD) - from uni-assist that you must include with your application to the HAW Hamburg. Please apply early, as the VPD process can take 4-6 weeks.
For more information please check theCourse Website