Process-Oriented Materials Research (PROMAT)
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the MINT subjects: engineering, physics, chemistry, mathematics or computer science.
These include, for example, automation technology, bionics, chemistry, chemical engineering, computational engineering, electrical engineering, energy systems, geology, geosciences, wood technology, industrial engineering, computer science, information technology, engineering sciences, aerospace, mechanical engineering, materials engineering, mathematics, mechatronics, medical technology, mineralogy, nanosciences, optical technologies, physics, process engineering, production technology, systems engineering, industrial mathematics, environmental technology, process engineering, materials science, industrial engineering, but also courses that show no significant differences in content, scope, and requirements compared to the above.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Final grade 2.0 or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Upload the application documents as scanned PDFs:
- Degree certificate (if already available).
- Subject and grades overview (transcript of records).
- Language certificates (see language requirements).
- Tabular CV.
- Motivation letter, which should justify the special interest in ProMat, which includes:
- The specific reference to the degree program as well as the individual subject-specific content and objectives.
- A clear motivation to start research in the field of process-oriented materials research after completing the master's degree.
- The presentation of your own qualifications (prizes and awards, if applicable) and the desired career goals in connection with the ProMat course.
- The appointment of a possible mentor.
- Summary of the bachelor's thesis/student research project (ie the max. 2-page essay).
For more information please check theCourse Website