- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in health sciences/public health or a similar degree relevant to health sciences, such as medicine, social sciences, nursing or a degree in a health care profession or a degree in a discipline that is closely related to health sciences such as, for example, economics.
Required ECTS credits: 210.
Proof of 1 year of professional experience in public health or qualified scientific work with convincing substantial and methodological relevance to health sciences/public health (attestation of employer).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- First degree either in health sciences/ public health or a similar degree relevant to health sciences, such as, for example, medicine, social sciences, nursing or a degree in a health care profession or a degree in a discipline that is closely related to health sciences such as, for example, economics with a minimum of 210 ECTS.
- Diploma supplement/transcript of records.
- Proof of one year of professional experience in public health or qualified scientific work with convincing substantial and methodological relevance to health sciences / public health (attestation of the employer).
- Internationally recognized certificate of English language knowledge, CEFR Level C1 (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation (personal statement of understanding of public health and commitment to pursuing a career in public health. The statement should explain the relevance of education and/or experience to pursue a career in public health).
- Proof of professional experience/qualification/work in a comparable field (optional).
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor from the first-degree program (optional).
If you completed your school education outside of Germany, you must send officially certified copies of your certificates to be reviewed by uni-assist BEFORE you can apply online to the HAW Hamburg. You will get a certificate - Vorprüfungsdokumentation (VPD) - from uni-assist that you must include with your application to the HAW Hamburg. Please apply early, as the VPD process can take 4-6 weeks.
For more information please check theCourse Website