- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Direct access to the master’s degree is given if a bachelor’s degree in nanostructure technology or in a comparable course or an equivalent domestic or foreign degree (e.g. state examination), as well as the skills listed below, can be proven.
Provisional admission can be granted if at least 150 ECTS points in the bachelor's degree and the abovementioned competencies are proven. In this case, proof of the bachelor’s degree is required by the end of the re-registration period for the 3rd master’s semester.
Admission to the master’s degree requires proof of competencies in the following sub-areas of nanosciences. These are proven by successfully passed modules in the specified scope.
- Nanosciences: Basics, in-depth modules. At least 29 ECTS.
- Experimental physics: Mechanics, electromagnetism, optics, thermodynamics, atomic u. Molecular Physics, Solid State Physics. At least 27 ECTS.
- Theoretical physics: Quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, statistical physics. At least 12 ECTS.
- Mathematics: Analysis, linear algebra, differential equations. At least 18 ECTS.
- Internships: Physical, engineering, or industrial internships. At least 8 ECTS.
- Chemistry: e.g. organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry. At least 8 ECTS.
- Thesis: In a sub-area of nanostructure technology or in interdisciplinary work with a significant proportion of nanoscientific methods. At least 10 ECTS.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Proof of a university degree or equivalent qualification or proof of at least 150 ECTS points or achievements in the corresponding scope for subjects that are not modularized in accordance with the ECTS.
- Coursework and exams achieved (transcript of records).
- In the case of a provisional (applied for conditional access), a list of the coursework and examinations not yet completed must be added.
For more information please check theCourse Website