Regional Studies Latin America
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- students from all countries except for Germany: directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist) | students from Germany: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in regional studies in Latin America or in a course with a comparable curriculum can be admitted to the joint study program in regional studies in Latin America (master's degree).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
As part of the first professional degree, at least 32 relevant credit points must have been achieved in Latin American studies. Degrees obtained abroad are classified by the Admissions Committee within the Anabin database based on the evaluation proposals provided by the Central Office for Foreign Education in the Secretariat of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs.
If the underlying course of study has not yet been completed at the time of application, an application is possible if at least 80 percent of the credit points to be acquired or the achievements recognized as equivalent have already been proven and all examinations for an application for the summer semester by March 31st or by September 30th of the same year in the case of an application for the winter semester. In this case, the degree is replaced by a result calculated and certified by the examinations office of the bachelor's program on the basis of the examinations taken up to that point. In this case, the further admission requirements must be fulfilled within the framework of the previous achievements.
- For the compulsory elective subject of social sciences, at least 30 credit points in the field of social sciences must have been completed at the time of application.
- For the elective subject economics, at least 30 credits must have been earned in the field of economics at the time of application, of which 12 credits must be in the field of economics.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
For more information please check theCourse Website