Religion & Glοbal Futurеs
- Winter semester
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the Study of Religion and/or other cultural and/or social sciences (e.g. Islamic Studies, African Studies, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, History, Political Science) with a total of at least 30 ECTS points in Study of Religion and/or Cultural and/or Social Sciences.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applications may already be submitted before completion of the bachelor's degree; however, a total of at least 150 credits and a minimum grade of "good" (2,5) are required by the time of applicatiοn.
A final grade of "good" (2.5) or bettеr.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Pass or better.
Specification: At least C.
Specification: At least B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
For the application via uni-assist: € 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
- Preliminary review documentation (VPD) uni-assist for University of Bayreuth: The VPD must be submitted in the online application in CAMPUSonline by July 15th at the latest. Please request your VPD via the uni-assist web portal as early as possible - but at the latest 6-8 weeks before the respective application deadline at the University of Bayreuth.
- Curriculum vitae.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- German language certificate (see language requirements): It can be obtained during the first year of the program,
- Secondary school leaving certificate including subjects and grades (e.g. Abitur, High School Diploma, A-Levels, or equivalent): original language + certified translation in German or English (only required if the document was not issued in German or English).
- Transcript of records bachelor's (or for comparable degree) including subjects and grades- at least 150 ECTS points with a final grade corresponding to "2,5" or better on the German grading system: original language + certified translation in German or English (only required if the document was not issued in German or English).
- Written presentation of course-specific competencies: All applicants must submit a cover letter comprising a maximum of 2 pages where they explain why they consider themselves well-suited for the M. A. program Religion and Global Futures. For example, previous main areas of study, experience abroad, internships, etc. can be mentioned here, as well as reasonable interest in the methodological and theoretical approaches of social/cultural studies of religion. Furthermore, initial ideas for an own research project can be outlined here, which is to be realized during the master's prοgram.
For more information please check theCourse Website