- Both semesters
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a subject equivalent to religious studies. Usually accepted degrees in religious studies, theology, Middle Eastern and East Asian studies, history, philology, sociology, anthropology or philosophy.
If you want to study Religious Studies at CERES you need to submit:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in theories and methods of Religious Studies (12 ECTS).
- Basic knowledge about aspects of the history of religion (15 ECTS).
- Language skills according to your area of expertise (10 ECTS). Since every graduate student in the MA program specializes in a certain religion and/or region, it is strongly advisable to have basic skills in a relevant language. Ideally, the student is able to demonstrate skills in a source language relevant to a religious tradition that is covered by the program.
- Ancient religions: Ancient oriental languages such as Sumerian, Akkadic, Hebrew, Old Greek, Latin.
- West Asian religions: Arabic, Turkish, Persian, Hebrew.
- South & Central Asian religions: Sanskrit, Tibetan.
- Eastern Asian religions: Tibetan, Chinese, Korean, Japanese.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website