- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in engineering or science (e.g. physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
It is expected factual competences on a basic college-level especially in the following subjects:
- Mathematics: complex numbers, vector/vector calculating, basic statistic knowledge, integral and differential calculus, differential equation/differential operators, fluently work with prefactors and (physical) units, correctly build graphs out of value tables.
- Thermodynamics: first and second law of thermodynamics, thermodynamic balance, work and heat, thermodynamic machines, mechanisms of heat transfer.
- Mechanics of Fluids and gas: movement conditions (laminar, turbulent), buoyancy and friction, pressure, kinetic energy, viscosity, flowline, flow at boundary layers.
- Solid-state physics: atom models, crystal structures and lattice characteristics, physical characteristics of all-solids (electrical and heat conductivity, shear forces), basic ideas of a semiconductor.
- Electricity: Ohm’s law, Kirchhoff’s laws, electrical and magnetical fields, inductance and mutual inductance, complex resistance.
- Radiation: radiation laws (Planck, Wien, Stefan-Boltzmann), black body.
- Atom models: types of chemical bonds, chemical reactions, Stoichiometry, law of mass action, displacement series of metals.
- Biology: principals of photosynthesis, basic structure of important organic substances: sugar, proteins, fat, basic principals of the aerobic, and anaerobic decomposition of organic material.
- Chemistry: basic knowledge of stoichiometry.
- Measurement technique: SI units, measurement processes, and methods, confidence level of measuring, measurement faults, linear regression, error propagation.
Your final grade has to equal at least a Second Upper.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
You will have to prepare and scan the following documents for your application and upload them after registering and before the end of the deadline (preferred jpg format, pdf is also ok - but please note: zip-files are not accepted):
- Final diploma certificate. Please hand in the original and the English translation if your certificate is neither in German nor English.
- Detailed transcripts of records of your previous studies (incl. explanation/weighing of marks).
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Motivation letter (1 page max), including research interests/proposal.
- Certificate of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Academic reference letters from previous professors (2).
- Records of professional employment (official statement/recommendation from employer).
- For non-DAAD applicants only: official statement of financial coverage of 20.000 Euros.
- For DAAD applicants only: application form for a scholarship with relevance to developing countries from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Also, please be aware that the DAAD asks for additional documents; please read the requirements listed online carefully.
For more information please check theCourse Website