- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Five Reasons to choose this Master's Program
The M.Eng. in Renewable Energy is intended for holders of a first bachelor’s degree in
- electrical engineering, or
- another very closely related field
for those interested in advancing their qualifications and career opportunities in the field of sustainable development of energy resources.
Special Program Features
Study Field: Sustainable Engineering
Students learn about sustainability topics such as electromobility, industrial usability of biomass, and environmental compatibility of economic projects.
Study Field: Renewable Power Engineering
Gives students the opportunity to gain knowledge about intelligent power grids as well as photovoltaic and wind power plants.
Get personalized advice on whether this program is right for you
Students have the unique opportunity to get in touch with the program’s director, Prof. Dr. Hartmut Hinz, who is pleased to provide individual counseling to make the decision on whether to enroll in this program easier.
The application requirements for the study program in “Renewable Energy” are:
Previous bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in:
- Electrical engineering with a focus on power engineering or a comparable field (for the three-semester study program), or
- Another electrical engineering field (for the four-semester study program)
Minimum ECTS points required:
- 180 ECTS (for the 3-semester study program)
- 210 ECTS (for the 4-semester study program).
An overall grade of "good” (2.5) or better according to the German grading system.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional application
Your Personal Contact
Get further information with one click!
Get your copy of the module handbook of the M.Eng. in Renewable Energy!
For more information please check theCourse Website