- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Five Reasons to choose this Master's Program
Special Program Features
Study Field: Sustainable Engineering
Students learn about sustainability topics such as electromobility, industrial usability of biomass, and environmental compatibility of economic projects.
Study Field: Renewable Power Engineering
Gives students the opportunity to gain knowledge about intelligent power grids as well as photovoltaic and wind power plants.
The application requirements for the study program in “Renewable Energy” are:
Previous bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in:
- Electrical engineering with a focus on power engineering or a comparable field (for the three-semester study program), or
- Another electrical engineering field (for the four-semester study program)
Minimum ECTS points required:
- 180 ECTS (for the 3-semester study program)
- 210 ECTS (for the 4-semester study program).
An overall grade of "good” (2.5) or better according to the German grading system.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional application
Application via the uni-assist platform.
Your Personal Contact
Advisor for electrical engineering study programs
Building 8, Room 109
+49 69 1533-2267
Prof. Dr. Hartmut Hinz
Building BCN, Room 326
+49 69 1533-2277
Get further information with one click!
Get your copy of the module handbook of the M.Eng. in Renewable Energy!
For more information please check theCourse Website