Research Training Program in Social Science
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Applicants must have overall 240 ECTS through a first university degree (bachelor with 180 ECTS) and at least 1 year of MA or further BA education in political science, sociology or an adjacent discipline.
Further requirements are:
- A minimum of 20 ECTS in social and/or political science theory.
- A minimum of 10 ECTS in empirical social science research methods.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade B to C.
Specification: Min. of 3,0
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please note that an application cannot be considered unless uni-assist has received all the required documentation within the prescribed period.
The following documents must be attached to an application:
- Officially authenticated copies of educational certificates obtained so far, including the secondary school leaving certificate together with marks received and, if applicable, university entrance examination documentation, evidence of study areas and grades obtained in previous studies including an explanation of the given grading system, graduation certificate and, if applicable, diploma supplement.
- Enrolment certificate, if you are a student at another German or European higher education institution at the time you apply for a place at Humboldt, or certificate of exmatriculation (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung) specifying the areas of study and number of semesters if you have previously studied at another higher education institution in Germany.
- German translations of all certificates (exception: documents in English) as officially authenticated copies.
- Evidence of German language skills (see language requirements) and/or English, French, Spanish proof, etc. as officially authenticated copies - if applicable for the chosen subject.
- CV starting with the beginning of school education up till now.
- A photocopy of your passport or identity card (for applicants from the EU).
- The self-assessment sheet is required for some Masters (available as a pdf file on the uni-assist application portal). For every master, the entry and language requirements have to be taken into account.
What is especially important to consider when applying to Uni-Assist:
- Hand in certified copies in paper form in addition to the online application.
- As Uni-Assist does give you feedback when forms are missing, please make sure that you hand in your application early enough to be able to add or correct something after the first check.
- Make sure that your fee for Uni-Assist is booked on their account before the deadline has ended.
- All documents, except for English language ones, have to be translated into German by an authorized, state-licensed translator.
- Your CV must not have any gaps, list all your periods of education or other activities without any break (or indicate a 'break', such as traveling).
- Please do not forget to fill out the form 'Selbstzuordnung'/'Self-Assessment' in order to show that you acquired 20 CP in social sciences theories and 10 CP in methods.
- Please check every link very carefully and make sure that you've uploaded all the required documents (for example the school leaving certificate).
For more information please check theCourse Website