Science and Technology Studies. Economies, Governance, Life
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in either cultural anthropology/European ethnology, human geography, sociology, or related disciplines.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree from other disciplines in the humanities, natural sciences, economics, technical sciences, or information sciences can only be admitted when their degree is considered equivalent to the above-mentioned degrees by the Admissions Committee.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Listening and reading.
Specification: Speaking and Writing.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents to be submitted
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular form).
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation in English (400-600 words). The motivation letter shall describe the applicant’s motivation for pursuing the master’s degree. It should provide information about the special interest in the master’s program as well as relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities. It can also include additional information about non-university activities (such as work experience) that could qualify a student for the Master’s program. The motivation letter will be graded.
If you are not already enrolled at Goethe University, you should also submit:
- Copy of your secondary school certificate (e.g., "Abiturzeugnis").
- Copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate (incl. diploma supplement).
If the bachelor's degree has not yet been completed, you should also submit:
- A transcript of records or equivalent document listing the content of the study program and average grade. Provisional admission is possible on the basis of a current certificate or transcript of records. At least 80% of the credit points in the B.A. (usually 144 CP) must have been obtained and must be calculated into a provisional average grade, upon which admission will be based. An office authorized to award grades or issue certificates must issue this provisional certificate. Provisional admission is valid for one semester. If the bachelor’s degree certificate is not submitted by the end of the first semester, provisional admission will be withdrawn.
You may need to submit other documents depending on your country of origin and your previous education.
For more information please check theCourse Website