- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, computer science, or a subject with largely similar content
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Students with prior education in (applied) mathematics:
These students are expected to have a strong background in theory and applications of applied mathematics (Numerics, Statistics, Differential Equations (ODE, PDE)). To succeed in the program, additional formal education in computer science with a focus on modern programming structures (data, algorithms) is essential. Solid command of a major programming language is also a must.
Students with prior education in computer science:
These students should have a focus on practical applications of programming, the construction of complex code, and the generation of efficient computational methods including data handling. Since the program asks all students to take master courses in mathematics as well, these applicants need an above-average background in mathematical education, not only in calculations but in the theory of mathematics, construction of proofs, and the formal methods of mathematical science.
Students with prior education in applications (engineering, economics...):
Application for these candidates is very challenging: They must provide mathematical education that exceeds the regular course work (mathematics for engineers I-IV) including probability & statistics, numerical analysis... AND have a proven record of practical computer science in the direction of systematic algorithmic design and implementation in at least one major programming language (C++, Java, C, Python...).
In general, candidates need to prove that they understand the mathematical theory and can build programs themselves that implements this theory in practical applications. Just being able to "use existing software" es not enough to make the cut.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
To start the application process, please fill in the application for admission in a master program and send it to:
Dezernat Internationale Beziehungen
Please note that for your application you'll need certified copies of several documents to complete your application. These documents include:
- School/highschool certificate-granting university access (originals or certified German or English translations).
- University certificates with grade lists of all courses/full transcripts, originals, or certified copies AND, if necessary, certified German or English translations, plus course lists with details on course content.
- Language certificate (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation (English, 1-2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in table form.
- A signed statement that the candidate did never forfeit the examination claim in a master's program on scientific computing or a differently named master's program with largely the same content.
- Further evidence for admission (letter of reference etc.) if available.
Please refer to section 4 of the application for the admission document of the program for the exact details regarding this point. All documents must be included in one envelope. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
For more information please check theCourse Website