- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics or computer science or in courses with essentially the same content.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
In individual cases, the respective admissions committee can also admit students of other courses if the required mathematical qualification is given.
If the degree or certificate of bachelor's degree is not yet available by the end of the application period, a provisional certificate from the university is sufficient, which includes at least the grades of the first five semesters (corresponding to 150 ECTS credit points) have been received and this includes the promise that the corresponding course of study will probably be completed by the beginning of the semester for which admission is being sought.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
To start the application process, please fill in the application for admission in a master program and send it to:
Dezernat Internationale Beziehungen
Please note that for your application you'll need certified copies of several documents to complete your application. These documents include:
- School/highschool certificate-granting university access (originals or certified German or English translations).
- University certificates with grade lists of all courses/full transcripts, originals or certified copies AND, if necessary, certified German or English translations, plus course lists with details on course content.
- Language certificate (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation (English, 1-2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in table form.
- A signed statement that the candidate did never forfeit the examination claim in a master's program on scientific computing or a differently named master's program with largely the same content.
- Further evidence for admission (letter of reference etc.) if available.
Please refer to section 4 of the application for the admission document for the exact details regarding this point. All documents must be included in one envelope. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated
For more information please check theCourse Website