Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt

Simulation Based Engineering

M.Eng. (Master of Engineering)
English only
Not specified
Application Deadlines
2 Years (starting: Both semesters)
Tuition fees (per semester)
Both semesters
directly at University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
Study mode:
On campus


Qualification Requirements

Previous Degree

Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the field of engineering and natural sciences.

Required ECTS credits: 210.

If you have obtained a bachelor's degree with only 180 ECTS there is a possibility to substitute the missing 30 ECTS credit points with qualified work experience, gained after your first academic degree.

Work Experience

At least one year of work experience in the respective field of studies (i.e. in the field of engineering and natural sciences), gained after first academic degree.

Language Requirements

The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.

CERF English
min B2
Does the university recognize "other equivalent language certificates"? yes

Application & Admission

Application Deadlines

Applications are open from:
Winter semester:May 02 (German)May 02 (EU)May 02 (Non EU)
Summer semester:November 15 (German)November 15 (EU)November 15 (Non EU)

Special Deadline Case:
Winter semester: No information regarding the deadline.
Summer semester: No information regarding the deadline.
In 4 days free webinar
How to apply via Uni-assist

Application Procedure & Selection

Admission test/interview:
directly at University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
Application Fee:
75 € for the first application, 30 € for each additional

Application Documents

If your relevant pre-studies were acquired outside of Germany, you need a VPD from uni-assist.

You need to submit the following documents to uni-assist:

  1. Officially certified copy of bachelor's degree certificate including a complete transcript of records and diploma supplement (the latter if available).
  2. Officially certified copy of the current transcript of records in case studies are not completed yet (important: the transcript has to be up-to-date, otherwise audit can be rejected).
  3. CV (illustration of education - school career).
  4. Copy of personal ID or passport.
  5. Proof of a name change (e.g. copy of the marriage certificate) if the proof of education is not issued in the current name.
  6. APS certificate (in case the bachelor's degree was absolved in China, Mongolia, or Vietnam).

You can also find information on the necessary documents on the homepage of uni-assist, as well as information on certification and, if necessary, translation.

Proof of language knowledge does NOT have to be sent to uni-assist.

It is recommended to apply as early as possible. You can apply for the VPD at uni-assist before the application period at the University of Applied Sciences Ingolstadt starts. Please plan to have received your VPD until the end of the application period of the university at the very latest.

Further Information

For more information please check the

Course Website