Smart Production Engineering
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Fully finished applications until January 15th (Non-EU)/April 15th (EU) receive a 10% discount on the tuition fees.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Suggested Fundamentals: mathematics, mechanics, material science, thermodynamics, informatics/programming/computer science, physics, machine design, fluid mechanics, automatic control, engineering design, production management, machine tools, manufacturing technology, fluid techniques, electrical drives, and energy storage systems.
Proof of at least 12 months' work experience.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With at least a grade of B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
You'll need the following documents for your application:
- University transcript of records (preferably with ECTS conversion).
- GRE General Test with minimum scores (Verbal Reasoning: 145 | Quantitative Reasoning: 160 | Analytical Writing: 3) (applicants from the EU and EEA are exempt).
- Proof of at least 12 months' work experience: the program requires a minimum of 12 months' work experience by the time of enrollment. The proof of work experience ideally includes the following information:
- The employer's address and stamp.
- Contact details of your supervisor.
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date (duration).
- Weekly hours.
- Job title.
- Short task description.
Please note: your proof of work experience must be signed by a superior or HR.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Letter of intent: applicants have to answer the following questions in detail:
- Which study track (Smart Factory, Additive Manufacturing, Electric Mobility Production) do you want to choose? What are your motivations and qualifications to study the track?
- What perceptions do you have when thinking of studying in Germany?
- Why do you want to study at RWTH Aachen University?
- Why did you choose the program?
- Please mention your past academic or university experiences.
- In what way does the program in question contribute to you achieving your career goals?
- Two letters of recommendation: please note that no standard form or format is required for the letter of recommendation. The letter of recommendation can be issued by a university professor/lecturer or by a superior from your employment. It should ideally provide the following information:
- Your relationship with the author.
- Your academic/professional history.
- Your qualities/achievements/ambitions in your respective field.
- Your personal traits and goals.
- The author’s signature.
- Be written on the institution’s/company’s letterhead.
- Bear the stamp of the issuing institution/company.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).**
- University degree certificate.**
- APS, only for applicants with a first degree from China.
*If your documents were not issued in German or English, you must have a certified translator translate them into either German or English. These copies do not need to be notarized.
The application process is 100% digital.
For more information please check theCourse Website