Sociology – European Societies
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with at least 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits of course contents in Sociology. 60 ECTS credits are equivalent to approximately one year of full-time study or 12 courses.
Also, at least 10 ECTS credits in the field of methods of empirical social sciences.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least with grade C (3.0).
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit the following documents to uni-assist as officially certified copies via mail:
- Graduation certificate with a final grade (if you have completed your studies). If you are applying for a higher subject-specific semester, this document is stringently required.
- Official current transcript of records with a final grade.
- Official transcript of records for the master’s program and a current certificate of enrollment, only when applying for the higher subject-specific semesters.
- If applicable, a current certificate of enrollment, in case you are currently enrolled or have been enrolled at a German university/college after completing your first degree.
- Official translations of all certificates if issued in any language other than German or English, issued by sworn translators only or by an institution being entitled to translations for official purposes.
- Proof of English knowledge, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- Proof of other language knowledge, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- Sufficient knowledge of German, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- If applicable, additional study-related skills, if this is a selection criterion for the desired master’s program (please see the specific regulation on allocation of study placements).
All applicants who have completed their degree at a higher education institution outside of Germany must also attach a Diploma Supplement to the degree certificate when applying. The Diploma Supplement contains descriptions of your course, of the national grade scale and gives an overview of the specifics of the respective national education system. The Diploma Supplement is issued by the higher education institution from which you received your first degree.
In case that the higher education institution at which you have studied cannot provide a Diploma Supplement, please enclose a letter to your application documents that describes the contents of your course and the specifics of the national grade scale of the country. You may also refer to a website that contains the required information.
Please do not attach a letter of recommendation, a letter of motivation or your CV to your application form. In the selection process, these documents are not required and therefore will not be considered.
For more information please check theCourse Website