- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field of study.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The following requirements will also be imposed:
- Bachelor’s degree program with either predominantly (at least 90 credits) sport science or economics/business administration/national economics or communication science (then with a focus on marketing) as the main orientation, or a jurisprudent degree as the main orientation.
- Evidence of study content in statistics/methodological competence in a relevant degree (usually a minimum of 10 credits).
Proof of ability (above-average final grade of either 2.5 or higher in the German system or B according to ECTS).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
After registration via the online application portal the following documents have to be uploaded to the portal:
- Study diploma and diploma supplement/transcript of records: German and European applicants who do not yet have their degree certificate alternatively send a certificate that confirms the completion of their studies and indicates the final grade, issued by the universities examination office, as a PDF file to [email protected] until the September 18th.
- Transcript of records, indicating all courses (including grade) and the number of credit points and/or the number of hours.
- A certificate with the average grade of your degree including the respective grading table.
- English language skills (see language requirements). The test results must be submitted by September 18th at the latest.
- Curriculum vita in the English language.
- Motivational letter: The motivational letter shall explain your interest in the main subject areas of the Master´s degree, your motives for commencing the studies, and your medium-term professional goals (in the English language).
- Proof of scientific performance: E.g. participation in research projects, scientific publications, etc.
- Proof of work experience: E.g. employment certificates, interim references, internship certificates, work abroad, etc.
- Proof of practical sporting experience: E.g. trainer´s certificates.
Eligibility of bachelor´s degree:
Please complete the form to indicate the eligibility of your degree. This will be evaluated by the admission committee. The form is available for download at the program website.
The certificates and documents mentioned under 1) till 4) are mandatory. Documents 5)- 7) are not mandatory and depend on the individual experience in the respective field.
All applicants with a foreign university degree send all documents mentioned under 1) and 2) additionally via postal mail as officially certified copies to the International Office. Officially certified translations are necessary for certificates that are not issued in German or English.
Address International Office:
German Sport University Cologne
Am Sportpark Müngersdorf 6
For more information please check theCourse Website