Sports Science With An Exercise-Sports Medical Focus
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a program that focuses on sports science or sports medicine, or a in a similar program that focuses on physical exercise or health.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Students have to complete the respective module from the bachelor’s degree in sports science in the following cases:
- insufficient methodological knowledge of empirical social research;
- insufficient knowledge of sports and exercise therapy for internal and neurological clinical pictures and damage;
- insufficient knowledge of training-related therapeutic intervention for diseases and injuries of the locomotive system.
If the undergraduate program has not focused specifically on sports science (for example health studies, medicine or physiotherapy), students will have to prove their theoretical and practical knowledge of sports in practice, the basics of training and movement sciences and the basics of sports medicine/sports physiology, or they will have to compensate for the lack of knowledge if this is made a requirement by the examination board in Frankfurt.
Provisional admission is possible on the basis of a current transcript of records; at least 80% of the required for the bachelor's degree CP (normally 144 credit points) must have been obtained; the bachelor’s thesis must be finished or almost finished. Provisional admission is valid for 6 months.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- If you are not already enrolled at Goethe-University Frankfurt:
- A university entrance qualification (e.g. A-Levels).
- Certificate of the first undergraduate degree.
- Transcript of records or equivalent document listing the content of the study program.
- If the bachelor's degree has not yet been completed:
- A transcript of records or equivalent document listing the content of the study program and average grade.
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor.
- CV in tabular form.
- Proof of sufficient English and German language skills (see language requirements).
- APS certificate for applicants from Vietnam and PR of China (original).
For more information please check theCourse Website