- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's program in biology at TU Darmstadt.
Admission requirements for the Synthetic Biology master’s program are a bachelor’s degree in the reference program at the TU Darmstadt or a degree in a program that teaches skills that are not significantly different from the initial skills taught in the reference program (comparable course).
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants must have:
- First-year students have a broad basic knowledge of life sciences as well as in-depth knowledge of at least 24 CP of elective modules in at least one of the following areas: microbiology, cell and molecular biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry or comparable areas as well as a thesis in these key areas. In addition, they have in-depth knowledge of chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- You also have extensive basic knowledge in mathematical and scientific basic subjects.
- You have bioscientific methodological competence, particularly in the field of cell and molecular biology, which enables you to apply biological knowledge and methods in the scientific analysis and experimental solution of practical tasks.
- They are able to work on selected questions from current research and the professional environment, to project them, and to develop conceptual solutions.
- They are able to carry out literature research and document their work scientifically and represent it publicly.
- They are able to recognize and assess subject-specific and social aspects and the consequences of their actions.
- You are able to cooperate on an interdisciplinary basis and are interested in solving application problems with the help of molecular tools and bioinformatic methods.
If, after the entrance examination, it turns out that the applicant lacks initial skills that can be compensated for by completing performances of no more than 30 CP, admission can be made subject to conditions. Which modules or subject examinations are required and by when they have to be completed is listed in the notification of admission.
At least 6 weeks of relevant practical laboratory experience.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following must be attached to the application:
- Proof of a university degree.
- A current performance overview.
- Evidence of the initial competencies in an equivalence list according to the tabular template.
- Content summary of the bachelor thesis.
- Proof of at least 6 weeks of relevant practical laboratory experience, if this cannot be proven as part of the bachelor's degree.
- Applicants who cannot enclose any documents about a university degree with the application for admission must enclose documents about the progress of their studies to date and about the examinations taken so far.
- Diploma supplement if available.
- Curriculum vitae (optional).
For more information please check theCourse Website