- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- no admission restriction, but ability assessment (interview)
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
All of the areas of specialization are taught in German with the exception of 'Information and communication systems' where the language of instruction is English.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a systems engineering course of study or a related subject (in particular from the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and information technology, microsystem technology or mechatroniсs).
At least ‘good’ (German grading scale: 2.5 or bettеr).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
These documents have to be submitted in pdf-format via the upload interface:
- A curriculum vitae highlighting relevant course work, major academic achievements, and prior research experience, including published or communicated research results.
- A letter of intent that represents a personal statement explaining your motivation and the reasons for pursuing the ICS master's program. Please avoid superficial statements.
- A copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score (see language requirements). Exceptions are only made for native speakers and those who hold a degree from a University in a country, where English is the mother tongue. A degree from India or Pakistan will not be considered valid English proficiency proof. It is not sufficient to state that English is the language of instruction at your current university. For German students, it is sufficient if they can prove high school knowledge of English (Grund- oder Leistungskurs in der Oberstufe). If not, they have to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers. They have to be sent to Saarland University directly by the referees, as prompted by the OAS. Please note that only official affiliation e-mail addresses and recommendation letters with letterhead and signatures will be considered valid. Alternatively, you can send the recommendations in sealed envelopes; under no circumstances the confidential recommendation letters can be uploaded or sent to Saarland University by the applicant. It is the applicant's responsibility to inform their referees of their application and make sure that the letters reach them on time.
- Scanned original academic certificates accompanied by an explanation of the grading system. Copies of certificates must be officially authenticated. The accuracy of the translation must be confirmed.
- School-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant´s home country with individual grades.
- All university end-of-year exam certificates (with individual grades).
- University degree certificate or diploma indicating the final grade(s)/GPA. Please do not apply if the CGPA of your bachelor's degree is under 75%.
- For applicants from the People's Republic of China and from Mongolia: your application will not be accepted without the official certificate of the APS (Akademische Prüfstelle) in China/Mongolia.
After reception of your confirmation email (upon completed application):
Completed applications will be reviewed in detail. You will be informed as soon as the decision has been made. In case of your admission, you will also receive an admission letter with detailed information on the enrolment process and the enrolment date and the enrolment date.
Please take care to have your original documents available. You will need those for final enrolment in case your application has been successful. Of course, the original documents will be compared to the scanned copies of the applicatiοn.
For more information please check theCourse Website