- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics (supplemented by coursework in technology) from Universität Hamburg.
Alternatively, applicants must have a bachelor's degree in engineering (with a concentration in mathematics) from the Technical University Hamburg-Harburg or from a comparable program at another university or a bachelor's degree in a related mathematics-technical field providing that the applicant can prove a minimum number of credit points for coursework in mathematics or engineering.
Exceptions for other degrees are possible.
If you have not received your degree certificate yet, you can submit this by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit uncertified copies of all documents. For documents not issued in English or German, a certified English or German translation is required.
- Printout of your online application.
- Degree certificate or provisional transcript of records. If you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current transcript of records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program. You are eligible if you can prove that you have gained at least 90 credit points in mathematical courses with engineering specifications or engineering courses with the mathematical specifications, respectively.
- Current transcript of records with grade point average.
- Copy of your higher education entrance qualification (i.e. High School diploma or equivalent). Copies in English or German are accepted. If your diploma is in another language, please enclose a certified translation.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Short personal statement (no more than 15 lines): what do you like about mathematics? What interests you most? What are you hoping to achieve in your course?.
- Proficiency in English (see language requirements).
It is recommended that you be able to follow courses and seminars in English as well as in German. The copies of your documents do not need to be certified. Copies in English or German are accepted. If your certificates are in another language, please enclose a certified translation.
Fakultät für Mathematik, Informatik und Naturwissenschaften
For more information please check theCourse Website