- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects (preliminary):
- Fundamentals in engineering mathematics and natural sciences: mathematics, mechanics, material sciences, thermodynamics, chemistry, physics, machine tools, technical drawing.
- Specific fundamentals: finishing, textile techniques, fibers, automatic control, quality management, computer sciences, simulation techniques, economics, molecular chemistry.
A minimum of 12 months' work experience by the time of enrollment.
Good performance in your undergraduate studies.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With at least a grade of B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
In order to apply you'll need the following documents:
- University transcript of records (preferably with ECTS conversion).
- Proof of at least 12 months' work experience: the program require a minimum of 12 months' work experience by the time of enrollment. The proof of work experience must include the following information:
- The employer's address and stamp.
- Contact details of your supervisor.
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date (duration).
- Weekly hours.
- Job title.
- Short task description.
Please note: your proof of work experience must be signed by a superior or HR.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Letter of intent: please answer the following questions in detail:
- What perceptions do you have when thinking of studying in Germany?
- Why do you want to study at RWTH Aachen University?
- Why did you choose the program in question?
- Please mention your past academic or university experiences.
- Where did you receive information about RWTH Aachen University and the program?
- In what way does the program in question contribute to you achieving your career goals?
- Proof of English language proficiency (see below for requirements).
- Two letters of recommendation: please note that no standard form or format is required for the letter of recommendation. The letter of recommendation can be issued by a university professor/lecturer or by a superior from your employment. It should, however, provide the following information:
- Your relationship with the author.
- Your academic/professional history.
- Your qualities/achievements/ambitions in your respective field.
- Your personal traits and goals.
- The author’s signature.
- Be written on the institution’s/company’s letterhead (if possible).
- Bear the stamp of the issuing institution/company (if possible).
- University degree certificate.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) – Verbal reasoning 145 | Quantitative reasoning 160 | Analytical writing 3 (only for non-EU applicants).
- APS, only for applicants with a first degree from China.
If your documents were not issued in German or English, you must have a certified translator translate them into either German or English. These copies do not need to be notarized.
For more information please check theCourse Website