Translational Medical Research
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in medicine or the life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical sciences, genetics, molecular biology, biotechnology, or closely related fields). Bioscientific and/or medical content must make up at least 60% of the curriculum studied.
Minimum standard period of study: 4 years.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 6.0 in each sub-area.
Specification: At least 21 in each sub-area.
Specification: At least 21 in each subarea.
Specification: At least 55 in each subarea.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
All documents need to be sent via postal mail (no e-mail applications possible!) and need to arrive by the application deadline on March 15th.
Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg
European Center for Angioscience
Mikrovaskuläre Biologie und Pathobiologie
z.H. Frau Anja Käppele
Submit the following documents:
- The application form completely filled out.
- A certified (documents can usually be certified by your university, a notary, or the German embassy and have to have an official stamp and original signature) copy of the degree upon which your application is based (your bachelor or master degree), or an official letter stating the expected date of graduation.
- A certified copy of your transcript of records (including courses, grades, grading system [grading system can also be explained in an additional document if not included in the transcript], average grade, and a list of modules still to be completed if not yet graduated).
- Proof of practical experience in basic bioscientific laboratory methods of at least 1 ECTS credit (app. 30h), if this is not clear from your transcript of records (please note: if all other requirements are fulfilled, missing laboratory experience may be covered by a one-week course at the Medical Faculty Mannheim prior to the start of the program). If the above-mentioned documents are not in English or German, a certified translation needs to be provided.
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements). Please keep in mind:
- The test scores cannot be more than two years old (except for the CAE/CPE certificates).
- The modality required is 'academic'.
- You may apply for the TMR degree program, even though you have not yet taken an English language test, or while your test score is still insufficient. In this case, you may be conditionally admitted, with (one of) the condition(s) for final admission being that you take and pass a (new) test. Please inform the admissions office of the date on which you are planning to take such a test.
- Institutional TOEFL tests are not accepted.
- CV in English.
- A motivation letter in English describing why the applicant wishes to study the MSc program Translational Medical Research, how the MSc will impact on the applicant’s desired career path, and what experience and qualifications the applicant brings to the program.
- At least two academic references from former supervisors or employers, preferably university professors or similar.
- Copies of the main pages of your passport.
For more information please check theCourse Website