Water Resources and Environmental Managеmеnt
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a field related to the WATENV Masters program, e.g. civil engineering, environmental sciences, natural sciences or geosciences.
The decision on the subject-related suitability of previous studies is taken by the selection committee; a positive statement may entail the obligation to make up for missing modules within two semesters. To be considered technically suitable, the degrees must comprise at least 30 credits from the field of Water Resources and Environmental Management, of which at least 5 credits have to be proved from each of the following fields:
- Hydrology, water management,
- Sanitary engineering,
- Fluid mechanics, hydraulic engineering.
- 15 credits in mathematics, computer science, and
- 15 credits in scientific basics.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants whose bachelor's or equivalent degree is not yet available at the time of application, are granted preliminary access if at least 150 credit points have been acquired and if it can be expected that the bachelor's or equivalent degree be obtained by the end of the first master's semester at the latеst.
With the grade "good" or bettеr.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents for submission in general (in English):
- Completed application form.
- Bachelor of Science certificate (certified copy). If not yet available at the time of application, applicants have to send proof of the hitherto obtained credit points and marks.
- University transcript (certified copy), including a description of the grading system.
- Curriculum Vitae (signed by the applicant).
- Letter of motivation, at least indicating the qualifications and interests of the candidate and a prospect of further activities related to the field of studies (signed by the applicant).
- International certificate of sufficient English language proficiency at the C1 level of the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” (see language requirements).
- School leaving certificate (certified copy).
- Optional: proof of professional experience, special qualifications, and awards.
Applications from China and Vietnam:
It is essential for Chinese (except Macao and Hong Kong) and Vietnamese applicants who completed their bachelor's degree in their home country to submit a scan of an original individual APS certificate with their application.
APS checks the applicant's qualification for admission to higher education and the academic credits of applicants wishing to study in Germany. A group APS will not be acceptеd.
For more information please check theCourse Website