- General information
- About the University
- International Rankings
- National Rankings
- Tuition Fees
- Application & Admission
- Language Requirements
- Program Features
- List of English programs
3 English Study Programs at htw saar - University of Applied Sciences
All important info for international students in Germany (2020/2021)
htw saar - University of Applied Sciences
About the University
Welcome to our university in Saarbrücken - htw saar - University of Applied Sciences
Our university offers over 55 Bachelor and Master programs in Business, Architecture & Civil Engineering, Engineering, Social Sciences and Franco-German studies. Our study programs are designed to incorporate practical-oriented hands-on skills along with a strong theoretical knowledge base.
Approximately 6,000 students are enrolled at the htw saar and more than 900 international students from 76 countries are attending our classes. This is a significantly higher percentage (16%) of international students than the German national average.
Part of our mission is to contribute to addressing and overcoming major challenges in today’s society. We act as a hub connecting academic research, businesses, institutions and administrative bodies to foster and promote regional development. So far, we have created a network of over 300 industry partners.
Today we are
- a major player in the regional innovation sector, working together with partners in industry to transform research results into marketable products. Our Institute of Technology Transfer (FITT) currently cooperates with around 80 companies.
- accelerating the development of new value chains through the creation of networks and innovation clusters. We initiated the formation of AKJ Automotive, an expert network for sharing ideas on automotive value chains, and helped to set up the regional Ambient Assisted Living Network (AAL Saar). We have also established the ‘Zentrum Mittelstand Saar’ (ZMS), which supports sustainable business models for SMEs.
- educating and training young skilled graduates through degree programs and further education courses thus producing qualified employees and meeting regional needs at the same time
- offering assistance to international students who need to complete a mandatory internship as part of their learning agreement.
- integrating education and social engagement through service-learning and community projects.
- encouraging civic participation as we are actively engaged in the community and promote urban and cultural development in the local area and neighbourhood.
State-of-the-art research with international partners
We take credit for being the first application-oriented university in Germany conducting research. For more than 25 years, we have been carrying out research on an international level and with industry partners from all over the world. With approx. €9.4 million in third-party funds, we are considered to be one of the top-ranked universities of applied sciences in Germany.
Research is fundamental, and great importance is attached to applied research and development. That is why we encourage our students to participate in the various R&D projects to get a better understanding of German cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Application & Admission
Winter Semester 2020/2021
Summer Semester 2021
No Programs open for application
No Programs open for application
Master of Arts
Master of Science
Bachelor of Arts
Winter & Summer intake0%