- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree with a focus on geosciences or in a degree program that does not show any significant differences in content, scope and requirements to the latter.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Evidence of at least 30 CP in mathematics, chemistry, physics and/or biology acquired in the course of previous studies, or achievements that do not reveal any significant differences in content, scope and requirements to those required.
Evidence of at least 60 CP in geoscientific course work acquired in the course of the previous degree program, or performance that does not indicate any significant differences in content, scope, and requirements from the required course work.
Evidence of successful participation in at least one mapping exercise worth at least 5 CP, provided as part of geoscience field education, or comparable practical course work, or performance that does not indicate any significant differences in content, scope, and requirements from the required course work.
The application can also be made if the previous study program has not been completed by the application deadline of a year, but study and examination achievements amounting to at least 100 CP have been made. If the application fulfills the further admission requirements, admission can be granted under the condition that all study and examination achievements for the first professionally qualifying university degree and the proof of language skills have been completed no later than two weeks after the start of the master's course. In this case, the corresponding certificates and transcripts, which also prove that the student has passed the final examination, must be submitted by December 31 of the same year at the latest.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following supporting documents must be submitted:
- Application for admission.
- Proof of all admission requirements.
- Curriculum vitae in table form.
- Presentation of the previous course of studies (study and examination achievements in CP, transcript of records or comparable document), in particular the minimum achievements.
- Letter of motivation explaining the special interest in the course of study and presenting the applicant's own qualifications. The letter of motivation should explain the connection between the career path and the study program as well as the specific reference to the study program and the correspondence of the study motivation with the orientation of the study program.
- If applicable, evidence of relevant professional or non-professional skills and experience.
For more information please check theCourse Website