- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering.
Another requirement is sufficient knowledge of concepts, methods, and tools in the field of computer science. Such knowledge is usually acquired in a four-year computer-science course with at least 65% computer-science content. Program applicants who have already graduated from a first level degree course in mathematical/scientific subjects or engineering can be admitted to the program provided that the course had a computer-science content of, as a rule, at least 50%. They must also perform additional assignments, to be specified on an individual basis, worth up to 30 ECTS credits.
Admission is based solely on credentials and academic excellence.
A grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or less on the German grading scale (1=excellent to 5=fail) is necessary. Grades from other countries are converted to the German equivilant by applying the "Bavarian formula".
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Before you start entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure that you have all the required documents ready:
- Original Certificate of your first academic degree including transcripts and translation of both documents into either German or English (if they have been issued in languages other these). Transcripts up to one semester before you graduate may replace the certificate and a complete transcript until you graduate. In this case, a conditional admission letter will be issued upon your admission to the program and the hard copies must be presented in order to enroll.
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam).
- Evidence of sufficient English language skills (see language requirements).
- Curriculum vitae in table form.
Also, while on the online application, in the field "Letter of Motivation" write about your programming experience (languages, major programming projects) and, if applicable, any robotics experience. Describe any research and development project that you would like to work on during the program if admitted. You may upload this letter of motivation as a PDF file from the field "Checklist". The letter of motivation should be a maximum of 2 sides of a DIN A4 sheet at font size 12 (I.e. ~1200 to 1400 words).
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website