- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in one of the following fields of studies: biology, ecology, biogeochemistry, landscape ecology, natural resource management or bioinformatics. Furthermore, graduates of a comparable study programme can be admitted.
Basic knowledge in ecology, landscape ecology, biogeochemistry, natural resource management, bioinformatics, mathematics and statistics as well as socio-ecological sciences are additionally required.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be submitted with the application for admission:
- An authenticated hard copy of your bachelor's degree or equivalent (i.e., graduation certificate and transcripts) and authenticated, official translations unless the originals are in English or in German.
- Proof of relevant previous knowledge acquired at a higher education institution in accordance with the selection regulations (Auswahlordnung) in the currently valid version.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Proof of other qualifications in accordance with the selection regulations (Auswahlordnung) in the currently valid version.
- The summary of the bachelor's thesis (as submitted or, if not yet submitted, the current version) in accordance with the selection regulations (Auswahlordnung) in the currently valid version.
Applicants who are scheduled to complete the bachelor's degree (or equivalent) after the application deadline, may apply with a provisional graduation certificate or the semesters’ transcripts (i.e., the modules and grades overview must reflect at least 2/3 of the degree's total credits), respectively. The final graduation certificate shall be submitted with the enrolment at university, for enrolment for the winter semester, however, not later than January 31st in the year following admission.
Fulfilment of the admission requirements does not constitute a claim to a study place for this program.
For more information please check theCourse Website