- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in materials science and engineering, engineering science, or an equivalent degree.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
You will also need to provide a 13-week industry internship.
A qualified degree from a higher education institution is valid for admission if it encompasses the examinations that were passed comparable to the following relevant examinations of a science-oriented equivalent bachelor program, in sum 40 ECTS (effective from May 2018):
- Mathematics for engineers I-II (16 ECTS).
- Experimental physics for engineers I (4 ECTS).
- Composition and properties of polymers (3 ECTS).
- Design & CAD (5 ECTS).
- Biochemistry for engineers (4 ECTS).
- Biology for engineers (4 ECTS).
- Chemistry for engineers (4 ECTS).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The written application must include:
- Evidence of work from the initial program of study: engineering science, material science, or an equivalent degree:
- Evidence of a degree from a higher education institution or an equivalent degree (in the case of having requested final admission to the master's program), or
- Evidence of having earned 150 ECTS points or – in case of programs not modularized according to the ECTS system – work that is equivalent in scope (in case conditional admission to the master's program is requested).
- In addition, an overview of previous coursework and examinations (transcript of records) providing the modules that were passed in relation to the master's program biofabrication and the relevant examinations, including examination grades and ECTS points earned as well as any transferred credits; or, in case conditional admission to the master's program is requested, a provisional overview of completed coursework and examinations with the above-mentioned information.
- The application is to include evidence of a strong command of English (see language requirements).
- If applicable, an affirmative action application.
- In addition, a CV and a motivation letter.
For more information please check theCourse Website