- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a subject/course that is essential for the master's program, such as life sciences or in a comparable subject (e.g. biology or life sciences). At least 6 CP in programming knowledge must be proven.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Competencies that correspond to those described in the four bridge modules. Evidence is usually provided by successful participation in services totaling 24 CP as part of the bachelor's degrees. For applicants who do not meet these requirements, the examination board can stipulate in the admission letter that a maximum of two bridge modules must be completed as compulsory modules of 6 CP each (maximum 12 CP). If requirements in the amount of more than 12 CP or more than two bridge modules were required to align the level of knowledge, the access requirements are not met.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least 5 in each field.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Completed and signed admissions application. The admission application is the document that is compiled as a result of your online application on uni-assist.
- Simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the German- or English-language graduation certificate from your first degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Diplom, Magister).
If your graduation or preliminary certificate is in a language other than German or English, then you must submit a German or English translation certified by a sworn translator, along with a simple copy of this document.
If documentation of your first professional qualification is not yet available by the admission application deadline, you can still apply for admission. You must have (with a transcript of records, uncertified will suffice):
- At least 140 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 180 CP.
- At least 170 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 210 CP.
- At least 200 CP in a bachelor's degree with a total requirement of 240 CP.
- Diploma Supplement: a simple copy (i.e. uncertified) of the diploma supplement or other relevant documentation from your university regarding all coursework completed for your first professional degree. You may also submit the module manual or the study and examination regulations of your degree program to evidence your qualification. If this coursework was completed at an institution of higher education other than the University of Potsdam, then this proof must include information regarding the credit points, form, content, and the examination modalities.
- If applicable, a placement notification for the first semester.
- English and German (if applicable) language knowledge (see language requirements).
For more information please check theCourse Website