Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
- Both semesters
- students from Non-EU/EEA Countries (minus Switzerland): directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)students from EU/EEA Countries (plus Switzerland): directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) comparable to the research-oriented bachelor at TUM.
You need to have taken courses equivalent to the core modules at TUM of:
- Experimental physics (mechanics, electrodynamics, thermodynamics, oscillation, waves, and optics).
- Advanced experimental physics (introduction to nuclear, particle and astrophysics, and condensed matter physics).
- Theoretical physics (analytical mechanics, electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, statistical physics).
- Fundamentals in mathematics (linear algebra, analysis).
- Fundamentals in chemistry (fundamentals in general, inorganic and organic chemistry, core concepts of biochemistry).
- Fundamentals in biology (general biology and physiology concepts).
- Completed lab courses and practical training.
In the case that you do not have finished your bachelor's program or you do not have received your final documents yet, you can get admission when you have reached at least 130 CP in your bachelor's program. You must then prove this bachelor's degree at the latest two semesters after the start of the master's program. A request can only be justified if the successful completion of the bachelor's degree is at least theoretically possible during the first semester of the master studies.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grades A, B or C.
Specification: With grades A, B or C.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Curriculum vitae: the submitted CV must be current and complete without chronological gaps. The document can be uploaded when applying online.
- Letter of motivation: the written grounds for selecting the desired master's program of the TUM should not be longer than two DIN A4 pages. In this, explain why you are suitable for the program (a reference to admission requirements), and which reasons led to select this study program at the TUM (interests, previous knowledge from the bachelor, desired specialization fields). The motivation letter has to be connected to the chosen master's program, a general statement about your interest in the subject is not sufficient. You can upload your letter of motivation during the online application process.
- Academic records of bachelor's degree (or equivalent): a proof of your qualifying university degree must be submitted. If you are applying before completing your bachelor's degree, please send the certified official transcript of records together with a formal list of the courses to be completed by the time of graduation (a link to the corresponding position on the official website of your university is sufficient). Provide the university with your degree certificate as soon as possible, at the latest one year after starting your studies at TUM.
If your bachelor's degree is from a non-German university, please fill out the analysis of your curriculum and also provide official descriptions of all your completed courses - a link to the relevant website of your university may also be sufficient.
- Language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Special conditions for certain countries: special requirements apply for documents if you come from one of the following countries: China, Georgia, Iran, Mongolia, and Vietnam.
- Health insurance: for enrollment, you also need a certificate of health insurance.
For more information please check theCourse Website