- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics or in courses with essentially the same content, in particular, medical technology, computer science (with a physics component of at least 6 ECTS), biomedical engineering, engineering, or another degree program recognized as equivalent.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 6.0 in each section.
Specification: At least 21 in each section.
Specification: At least 21 in each sub-area.
Specification: At least 55 in each section.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The admission requirements are as follows:
- Documentation of successful completion of a degree program (see the previous degree field).
- A current university-issued transcript, as stipulated above, as a prerequisite for admission.
- Current documentation of proficiency in English (see language requirements).
- A personal statement from the applicant providing the following information:
- The reasons for seeking a degree in Biomedical Engineering and how this degree will contribute to the applicant’s intended career path.
- The prerequisites that, according to his or her own estimations, the applicant has already fulfilled.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably written by professors from the university at which the final examination required for admission to this master's program was taken. Applicants should send these letters of recommendation directly to the Admissions Office (Zulassungsstelle); if the letters are not in German or English, an officially certified translation into German or English is required.
- A curriculum vitae in English, indicating whether there is any other practical work or research experience or other achievements that would provide additional information on the suitability of the applicant for the degree program chosen.
- If the documentation required under (3) and (5) is not yet available during the application period, upon request, an extension of up to one month following the application deadline may be granted. This request must be made in writing and be submitted with the application.
For more information please check theCourse Website