- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
The educational requirements of the undergraduate degrees should include knowledge [90 Credit Points (CP) of the European Credit Transfer System] in the fields of engineering, mathematics/natural sciences with at least the following CP in these four fields:
- Mathematics: advanced mathematics; linear algebra (vector analysis and tensor analysis), analysis (differential calculus and integral calculus) numeric methods. 20 CP.
- Chemistry: advanced chemistry; inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, physical chemistry, polymer processing. 20 CP.
- Biology: advanced biology; human cell biology, genetics, microbiology, molecular biology, human physiology, human anatomy. 20 CP.
- Physics and engineering technology: advanced physics; mechanics, electrotechnics, thermodynamics, nuclear physics, solid-state physics, static and dynamic. 30 CP.
In each field, students need at least 50 % of the mentioned credits.
If a student has in total 20 credits or more missing, the student will not be accepted by this program.
As an applicant, you have to successfully pass the Graduate Record Examination Test (only GRE - general test) with 160 points (quantitative part).
Your official GRE report of scores must be received by the RWTH directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The code number for RWTH Aachen is 8504.
Your test should not be older than 2 yеars.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents are necessary (read further information in RWTH online):
- The online application form for the master programs completely filled out and signed.
- A copy of the bachelor's certificate and all first-degree academic certificates of your final average grade and the general margins of the grading system of the university must be recognizable.
- A copy of all transcripts or other academic records that give proof of your undergraduate studies including credits and grades achieved in every single subject. Please add your diploma supplement.
- A translation of your degree certificate/transcript/other academic record made by an officially recognized translator in either German or English in case the original documents are not written in one of these languages.
- A copy of the language certificate (TOEFL, PBT, IELTS-Test, Cambridge Test CAE) not older than 2 years.
- A copy of the GRE general test not older than 2 years.
- Your module handbook: please make a list with all your attended modules and assign them to the specific page in your module handboοk.
For more information please check theCourse Website