- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in a course in life sciences or natural sciences or in an equivalent course.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
You must have a relevant practical professional experience of at least one year acquired after successfully completing the university studies.
A grade point average of at least 2.7. The grades of foreign educational certificates are to be converted into the German grading system.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application form must be filled in completely and signed. The following documents must be enclosed with the application for admission:
- An officially certified copy of the certificate of the first university degree.
- A meaningful overview of all study and examination achievements of the first university degree in an officially certified copy.
- Suitable evidence of sufficient knowledge of English (see language requirements).
- Suitable evidence of subject-related professional practical experience with information about the type and scope of the activity.
- A tabular curriculum vitae in English.
- A motivation letter (statement of intent), written in English, of a maximum of two A4 pages, in which the applicant state his/her personal motives for starting a course of study in the master's program of biomedical sciences at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität and the University of Buenos Aires.
- A declaration signed in German or English by the applicant that he/she can send the letter of motivation independently and without outside help prepared and identified the content taken from external sources as such.
If the documents required are not written in German, English or French, an officially certified translation in German or English is required.
The application documents required must be submitted on time to the selection committee for the Master of Science Biomedical Sciences advanced training course. Mailing address:
Institute for Molecular Medicine and Cell Research
Stefan- Meier-Strasse 17
At the request of the selection committee, the originals of the certificates and evidence are to be presented.
For more information please check theCourse Website