- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Applicants must demonstrate at least 12 credit points from each of the following areas:
- Inorganic chemistry.
- Organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- Physical chemistry and theoretical chemistry.
Overall, a total of at least 60 credit points from the above-mentioned areas must be proven. In case of doubt, the examination board decides on the accuracy of the performance.
If you want to choose biochemistry modules in the chemistry master’s course, you must have (experimental and theoretical) basic knowledge of biochemistry to the extent of min. Prove 9 CP.
Admission is granted if all achievements in the BSc program have been completed and a grade of 2.5 (or better) is obtained; if the overall grade is lower, the application will be rejected.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The admission committee requires the certified copies of the following documents in order to be able to verify your application:
- Preliminary review documentation (VPD) from uni-assist (https://www.uni-assist.de/en/).
- Letter of motivation.
- School leaving certificate (or an equivalent degree of qualification for access to German universities).
- Bachelor-degree (or an equivalent university degree). A German Bachelor degree can be handed in later.
- Transcript of Records.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements).
- Candidates have to prove at least 12 credit points in the following areas:
- Inorganic Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry and in total at least 60 credit points.
- Internal application form (please fill in online, print and sign).
If you want to choose biochemistry modules as part of the Chemistry Master Program you need to prove a basic knowledge in biochemistry (theoretical as well as practical) of min. 9 CP.
For more information please check theCourse Website