- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Applicants must demonstrate at least 12 credit points from each of the following areas:
- Inorganic chemistry.
- Organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- Physical chemistry and theoretical chemistry.
Overall, a total of at least 60 credit points from the above-mentioned areas must be proven. In case of doubt, the examination board decides on the accuracy of the performance.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application must be accompanied by:
- A cover letter stating the motivation.
- A tabular CV.
- Proof of a successfully completed bachelor’s degree in chemistry at a university within the scope of the Higher Education Framework Act, which is at least equivalent to the bachelor’s degree in chemistry at the University of Cologne, or an academic degree recognized by the examination board as equivalent. The same applies to foreign degrees. The examination board decides on equivalence.
For students who complete the bachelor's degree in the current Summer semester (Winter semester), it is sufficient to submit the examination results documented by July 15th (January 15th) with an average grade and proof of the beginning of the bachelor's thesis; the final certificate must be submitted no later than 6 weeks after the start of the semester.
- Names of two university lecturers from whom references can be obtained.
- Accompanying form (please complete, print out, and sign online with your application documents).
For more information please check theCourse Website