China Business and Economics
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s certificate (or equivalent) of a Chinese studies degree program, sinology or equivalent qualification.
In case that the bachelor’s degree has not yet been completed, documentation of the performance in the study program is to be provided. Your BA degree should document at least 40 ECTS earned in modern Chinese and 30 ECTS in Chinese studies. If you did your undergraduate studies in another field, but have China-related qualifications, you should contact the university directly to clarify whether you are eligible to apply.
Also, you need proof that you studied at least one term at a university in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Singapore, and earned the required credits (20 ECTS from language and Chinese studies courses).
A grade of 1.9 (B) or better (accreditation of comparable degree programs is possible). Applicants fulfilling all formal requirements and with a grade of 1.9 or above will be directly admitted, applicants fulfilling all formal requirements but with a grade below 1.9 will be invited for an interview to assess their qualifications for the program.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Required application documents:
- Bachelor's certificate: a copy of the certificate should be handed in together with a copy of the diploma supplement. In case that the Bachelor’s degree has not yet been completed, documentation of the performance in the study program is to be provided.
- Proof that you studied at least one term at a university in China or Taiwan and earned the required credits (20 ECTS from language and Chinese studies courses).
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements).
- Proof of German proficiency for foreign students (see language requirements).
- Applicants who have graduated from a university in mainland China need to provide an individual APS certificate.
- CV (German or English).
- Letter of motivation (English).
For more information please check theCourse Website