- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a degree program that covers basic knowledge in at least one of the three topics relevant to cognitive science: information processing in natural systems, information processing in technical systems, or mathematical modeling. These include programs in cognitive science, psychology, and computer science. Graduates of other subjects, in particular engineering, physics, and biology with a focus on neuroscience and mathematics, can also be considered, provided that the subject-specific suitability for the degree program is deemed to be given, in particular with regard to past relevant learning and practical experience and its relevance for the curriculum of the Cognitive Systems master's program at Ulm University, as set out in the form for subject-specific additional information.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
A bachelor's degree with an overall grade of 2.5 or better. If the program has not yet been completed, examination results showing an average of 2.5 or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least A.
Specification: Grades A, B, or C.
Specification: Grades A, B, or C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
Please upload the following application documents (applies for application directly at Ulm University and for applications via uni-assist):
- Data view (protocol of the online application - not required for applications via uni-assist).
- A form requesting subject-specific additional information (pdf) (if you have to apply via uni-assist it is available in the application form).
- Bachelor’s degree certificate stating the average grade plus a transcript of records with credit points.
- If the program has not yet been completed: transcript of records issued by the higher education institution including an overall average grade and total credit points (ECTS).
- For applicants with a bachelor's degree from abroad: Grading system of your studies indicating the minimum grade required for passing the bachelor's degree as well as the highest grade possible. If this information is not given in the degree certificate/transcript, it must be provided separately in an official document or letter.
- Proof of required English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Additionally: certified translations of documents that were not issued in German/English.
- For claims of hardship: letter of explanation and proof of an exceptional case.
- For claims of dependence on study location in the interest of the public: letter of explanation and copies of supporting documents.
- Applicants from China, India, or Vietnam: the APS certificate.
- Proof does not need authentication.
- Applications with missing details or documents will be rejected.
- Ulm University does not accept applications and supporting documents sent on paper.
- Candidates who reapply must resubmit the complete documentation; it is not possible to refer to documents on file at Ulm University.
For more information please check theCourse Website