Communication Systems and Networks
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in the field of natural sciences or technology and engineering. A program is deemed suitable if its curriculum includes a minimum of 110 credits in the fields of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, and computer science.
Required ECTS credits: 210.
If applicants do not meet all requirements stated above, they can only be admitted under the condition that they make up for missing prerequisites before registering for the Master's thesis. To do so, they are required to take certain courses at the Bachelor's level. This is usually the case if an applicant has an undergraduate degree worth less than 210 credits or if less than 110 credits were obtained in a suitable field.
The nature and scope of these conditions are individually determined by the Examination Board based on the courses taken in the undergraduate program. Admission to the Master's program will be denied if the applicant has obtained less than 80 credits in the core fields stated above or if he/she fails to meet the requirements regarding the minimum required grade.
Applicants who have not yet graduated from a suitable undergraduate program may be admitted and enrolled if they proof at the time of application that they are:
- Less than 30 credits away from graduating, i.e. if they have accumulated at least 150 out of 180 credits in a 6-semester program or 180 out of 210 credits in a 7-semester program.
In such cases, applicants are required to submit proof of their graduation with a final grade of 2.3 or better by the end of the re-registration period for the 2nd semester. Failing to do so will result in their removal from the register of students.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please send the following application documents by post to uni-assist in Berlin:
- Please write down your uni-assist applicant number (for example on your copy of your passport).
- Officially certified copy of the secondary school leaving certificate and - if applicable - the university entrance examination (original language and translation if necessary)
- If applicable: officially certified copy of the course achievements and upon completion of the course, your final certificate (original language and translation if necessary).
- If you have completed a preparatory course: officially certified copy of the assessment test certificate.
- Applicants with certificates from China, Mongolia (until 2018), and Vietnam: original GSP certificate.
- Officially certified copy of your proof of sufficient knowledge of German (not required for English-language courses, instead, proof of English knowledge).
- Tabular CV.
- Copy of your passport - page with personal data
- If the name changes: a copy of the certificate (for example, through a marriage certificate).
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website