Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor‘s degree in mathematics or in a closely related program with a substantial content of mathematical modules (at least 45 ECTS).
Applicants with a degree not in mathematics, but in a related field, can only be admitted after passing an oral exam. The criteria in this oral exam are basic knowledge in functional analysis or in the theory of differential equations, basic knowledge in numerics or in optimization, the ability to discuss mathematics in English, e.g., on the applicant’s bachelor’s thesis.
Students may apply for the degree program once they have completed modules worth a minimum of 140 ECTS credits.
Good bachelor’s degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application for CAM is now fully online (no postal submission of paper any longer, documents have to be uploaded as pdf’s instead). These include:
- Digital copies of all documents which provide a record of your education (secondary education certificate(s), transcript of records, university degree certificate (where applicable), diploma supplement, CV). Single copies of German certificates; officially certified copies and certified translations of foreign certificates. Foreign certificates do not have to be translated if they are issued in German, English or French.
- Applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam also require an APS certificate.
A letter of motivation is not required for the application.
For more information please check theCourse Website