- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in "Maschinelle Sprachverarbeitung" (Natural language processing), computational linguistics, computer science, general linguistics, or in a closely-related subject. You can also apply with your current transcript of records if you haven't finished your degree yet.
Students who are missing certain qualifications may be granted admission on the condition that they acquire these qualifications before or during the course of their studies, for example by passing additional modules ("Auflagen" in German).
- Students with a stronger linguistic background have to pass an oral exam on computer science and computational linguistics-related topics and a specific beginners' programming course in the winter semester.
- Students with a stronger background in computer science are examined on linguistics and computational linguistics topics.
It is strongly recommended to take this oral exam as soon as possible after arrival (at the beginning of/during the first semester), especially for students who start in the summer semester. Students will get additional information via e-mail after their admission.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website