- Both semesters
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). The applicant will be considered if meet one of the following requirements:
- Bachelor or diploma degrees in:
- Computational engineering
- Information and communication technology
- Electronics / Information Technology / Computer Science (EEI)
- business Informatics
- Medical technology with competence field EEI
- Mathematics with a minor in computer science
- Two-subject Bachelor (BA) with a first subject in computer science.
- First state examination according to the Teaching Examination Regulations I (LPO 1).
Applicants with one of these qualifications (or qualifications that are not significantly different in terms of qualification) can do so directly, with additional requirements or on the basis of a passed oral entrance exam in the master’s degree (depending on the skills acquired from the previous bachelor’s degree).
The access committee determines the qualification on the basis of the written documents if:
- The overall grade of the subject-specific or of the related or of the qualification that is not significantly different is 2.50 (= good) or better, or
- if modules of the third to sixth semester according to the module table of the computer science bachelor's degree (or modules of another university that are not significantly different in terms of the competence profile) with a scope of 60 ECTS points with a grade point average of at least 3.0 are passed.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents are required for the master application:
- Application for admission (from the campo portal) with signature (at the end of page 1) in duplicate.
- Letter of motivation (why do you want to study the Masters in Computer Science at FAU?).
- Complete tabular CV (with date and signature).
- School leaving certificate/higher education entrance qualification (all pages).
- Complete subject and grade surveys with proven ECTS and average grade (grade overview from MeinCampus, diploma supplement, etc.), or if available: Bachelor certificate (can also be submitted later).
For more information please check theCourse Website