- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Tuition fee of 20,000 € per academic уеar.
Bachelor's degree in areas like computer science, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, communications engineering or related disciplinеs.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
- Letter of motivation: When writing your letter of motivation, ask yourself the following questions (please limit your letter of motivation to 1 page and follow the guidelines of a formal letter):
- Why have I chosen Jacobs University to continue my education?
- Why should I be admitted to my chosen master program?
- Which qualities make me an exceptional candidate?
- Curriculum vitae (CV): Make sure your CV describes your academic and professional information, extracurricular and voluntary activities. If you don’t have any professional experience, you can describe academic projects you were part of during your studies.
- Two letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation typically come from professors, lecturers, project supervisors or employers. The purpose of a letter of recommendation is to explain and confirm the academic and/or professional skills, that have become apparent to the issuer of the letter during the time they knew you (make sure that letters explicitly say your name, the name of the issuer and his/her contact information).
- All letters must be duly signed and if possible sealed by the issuer.
- The content of both letters cannot be identical.
- Certifications of employment or studies are not valid.
- Bachelor transcript in English or German: If you have not received your final transcript, please submit your most updated transcript or official marksheets of all completed semesters. If your bachelor transcript is not written in English or German, make sure to submit the original document along with its official translation (E-transcripts can be submitted to the university issued by official digital credential services [e.g. parchment]). Please keep in mind these guidelines for your bachelor transcript:
- Translation must be done by a certified translator, a translation done by yourself is not valid.
- If your transcript is composed by several pages, make sure to send them in order and to include all semesters.
- If your transcript contains an explanation of the grading system or GPA calculation regulations, please include it too.
- Bachelor degree certificate in English or German: If you have already graduated but have not received your bachelor diploma, please submit your provisional certificate. If you have not graduated yet, please submit your latest enrollment certificate confirming the semester you are currently studying and if possible the potential graduation date. Please keep in mind that the translation must be done by a certified translator, a translation done by yourself is not valid.
- English language proficiency test: See language requiremеnts.
For more information please check theCourse Website