- Winter semester
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with a subject-specific or related degree. The degree in a bachelor's degree in digital humanities and social sciences or digital humanities or digital humanities is considered subject-specific.
Other Bachelor degrees are recognized as related if they contain a minimum proportion of 25 ECTS points in computer science and 25 ECTS points in the humanities and/or social sciences. In this case, a successful selection interview and an overall grade of at least 3.75 is required.
An overall grade of up to 2.50 is directly admitted to the Master's program. Applicants with an overall grade of 2.51 to 3.75 are only admitted after a successful selection interview.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Following your online application, you must submit the signed application form (from the campo application portal) together with the following documents by post:
- A CV in tabular form (without photo).
- School leaving certificate: All sides of the certificate.
- If necessary: pre-university year (e.g. from Iran).
- If necessary: university entrance examination from your home country.
- If necessary: if your school certificates alone are not sufficient for admission, a certificate of the assessment test of the specialty course intended for the desired subject is also required (certified copy).
- For previous studies: a complete overview of subjects and grades at the university.
- Upon graduation: additional degree certificate (e.g. Bachelor, Diplom).
- German language certificates (simple copy if acquired in Germany).
- Applicants with proof of study from China, Mongolia (if available) and Vietnam: the GSP (original).
- Applicants from China from DSDl/DSDll schools: proof of identity of the German Embassy (original).
- For enrollment in the medical, medical Erlangen-Nuremberg / Bayreuth, dentistry or pharmacy courses, the original certificate approval must be submitted to a German certificate approval agency. If no certificate has been recognized yet, enrollment is only possible upon presentation of the original certificate and its translation. In this case, enrollment is initially limited to one semester. During this time, certificate recognition must be presented. Only then is further study guaranteed.
- When applying for the medicine, medicine Erlangen-Nürnberg/Bayreuth, dentistry, pharmacy or food chemistry courses, proof of passing the German language test for university entrance for foreign applicants (DSH 2 or an equivalent examination) must be submitted.
- As a matter of principle, no information can be given in advance about admission chances in the medical, medical Erlangen-Nuremberg/Bayreuth and dental medicine courses. However, only applicants with top grades have a realistic chance of success.
- Applicants must have been passed the assessment test can - directly for open admission courses - subject to all other requirements to enroll. Exception: For courses of study that require an aptitude test (EFV) for enrollment, a letter of admission is required, i.e. a prior timely application to the admissions office.
Foreign certificates must be submitted in a certified copy and translation (if they are not in German, English or French). If your documents do not conform to the form or if important evidence is missing, you will have to be excluded from the procedure.
For more information please check theCourse Website