- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
You must meet the following requirements:
- At least 36 ECTS in the fields of Business Administration and/or Economics (from this, 18 ECTS in the field of Economics).
- At least 15 ECTS in the fields of Statistics and/or Mathematics and/or Econometrics (methodological courses only, no user expertise).
If you have not completed your bachelor's degree, you must have earned at least 70% of the credit points and have completed the outstanding courses by September 30 at the latest.
An overall grade of at least 2.5 (German grade) in the bachelor’s degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least B.
Specification: At least B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
The following documents must be uploaded to KLIPS as originals or as authenticated documents in German or in English.
- Bachelor's degree certificate (mandatory): If you have not finished your bachelor's studies but have passed at least 70% of the examinations (at least 126 credits in a bachelor's degree carrying 180 ECTS credits), you can apply by submitting a confirmation of all credits earned so far, along with a provisional average grade computed and certified by your examination office. Please note that the remaining credits must be earned by September 30th.
- Transcript of records (mandatory): List of all taken modules and courses, including grades and credits.
- Transcript of a semester abroad (optional): Only if examinations passed abroad should be considered for the admission criteria as well. The courses have to be recognized by the home university as part of the bachelor program and recorded in the transcript of records.
- School leaving certificate (mandatory): A-levels, High school diploma, etc.
- Official description of the content of all taken bachelor courses (mandatory); Course catalog or PDF-file with link to course description at the website of the bachelor's university. If your university does not issue module descriptions or does not provide it in German or in English, please upload a PDF document explaining this informally. Please do not have your module descriptions translated. If the University of Cologne still needs the module descriptions when reviewing your application, they will contact you.
- Proof of English proficiency (mandatory): See language requirements.
- Motivation letter (mandatory): The motivation letter (max. 1 page) must be submitted in English. Please indicate the desired specialization.
- CV (mandatory): The CV must be submitted in English.
- Preliminary review documentation (VPD) (mandatory for applicants with a bachelor's degree obtained outside Germany): Request preliminary review documentation (VPD) from uni-assist. You can have your documents checked by uni-assist all year round, the VPD is not tied to an application semester. Read the request procedure carefully and follow the country-specific information. Experience shows that the processing time is 8 weeks. Please make sure to request a VPD at uni-assist well in advance of the application deadline in KLIPS. After you have received the VPD, create an online application in KLIPS.
- Results of admission test (optional): It is recommended that you take an admission test as this will increase your chances in the admission process. It will also be considered when applying for a semester abroad.
For more information please check theCourse Website