Energy Science and Technology
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, materials science, physics or in a subject-related or subject-specific degree program.
Minimum number of semesters: 6 semesters.
Academic requirements MSc program Energy Science and Technology:
- Bachelor's course work in Mathematics and Physics: for each, basically two courses of three hours per week and semester or comparable course work to be evidenced by course information on the official transcript of records.
- Fundamental skills in natural sciences, materials science, and/or engineering sciences. These essential skills may be gained by passing the pre-master's course offered by Ulm University.
Prospective students are expected to:
- Be willing to acquire a basic knowledge of German. German courses are part of the curriculum.
- Be willing to study/live in a challenging, multicultural environment.
An academic final examination with a bachelor's degree with an overall grade of 2.7 or better, or if no degree has yet been awarded, by the examination results achieved up to the application deadline with an average grade of 2.7 or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
When submitting your application via "My personal campus portal", you must upload the following documents:
- Bachelor's degree diploma (certificate) with the final grade as well as an overview of subjects and grades/transcript of records with credit points/Diploma Supplement (if available).
- If you have not yet completed your higher education degree: an overview of subjects and grades/transcript of records issued by the higher education institution with the total credit points earned up to the application deadline and an indication of the provisional average grade.
- Form for the subject-specific additional information.
- Proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements).
- Proof of the required study courses.
- Motivation letter - maximum one page.
- Academic career (curriculum vitae) - maximum two pages.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- In the case of a higher education degree from China, India, or Vietnam: APS certificate or APS confirmation.
- In the case of a foreign higher education degree: the grading scale of the degree program with the indication of the lowest passing grade and maximum grade for the degree, to be shown on the bachelor's degree diploma/bachelor's degree certificate or on an official document of the higher education institution.
- If proof and documents to be submitted are not written in German or English, additionally, an official translation into German or English is required.
- For applicants who do not come from an EU country or the European Economic Area and have a German higher education entrance qualification (“Abitur”): proof of higher education entrance qualification.
- It is not necessary to certify the supporting documents.
- When submitting the application, all required supporting documents must be uploaded. Subsequent submission is not possible.
- Application documents in paper form, as a fax or by e-mail will not be accepted.
- A document issued in another name must be supplemented by documentary evidence of the change of name.
For more information please check theCourse Website